Friday, September 28, 2007

New Beginnings!

Thank GOD for NEW BEGINNINGS!

I figured for this go round I would keep a Journal, a Journal that I am willing to share with others. Recently I started a New Beginning with my hair. I have been wearing natural hair for a little over 4 years, and I have been wearing locs for 2 years, well recently I decided to change my style of lock, from a standard inter/latch loc to a thinner sisterlock, while I did enjoy my thicker loc it just did not offer me the variation of styles. who and behold on this journey I go, pick, pick, pick I picked out my 2 year old locs which was a process in itself talk about patience, pain and more patience but finally 7 days later and a little help from my loctician they were out, time for a break scalp is SORE and I am very tenderheaded. During the 4 week break I decided to wear 2 strand twist and they became REALLY good friends and it took me more effort to get those out than I would have liked, moving on to my SISTERLOCKS, this process took right at 40 hours to complete WHEW!!! I didn't realize I had soo much hair on my head I started with 8-10 inches that was another process that required GREAT patience, but the end product was sooo Worth it!!! I'm in LOVE with my locks and I'm excited to watch them go thru the maturing process. I guess some would ask why did I do this? well I lead a VERY busy lifestyle which includes swimming 3 days a week, I teach Spin 6 classes and 3 aerobic classes a week therefore my hair is constantly WET well I need a style that I could wash and go, but also will allow me to maintain a professional look during the day, I work in a corporate setting during the day, therefore I need something that does not require a lot of work, the process of getting here was long and gruelsome but very well worth the journey...check out the pics

No comments: