Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's been SOOO Long

It's been soooo long since I have blogged, WHEW...where do I start, my locks, my locks, my locks it's been 1 year 5 months talk about a Journey, my locks have changed at least 50 times since installation, the curly Q's are almost gone and they have settled beautifully, I think the last time I blogged I was dealing with a lot of slippage well that's no longer the case the babies have matured alot and have growed tremendously my babies are now hanging on the bottom of my neck, now I'm noticing when I was my hair it takes forever to dry and it's heavy but they have not slowed down my workouts nor swimming, my ends have taken on a personality of their own some are fat, or fat and curly thanks to my texture and the pool that was to be expected.... in one of my previous blogs I talked about my daughter and wanting her to have locs but I didn't want to force them on her....we low and behold guess who's been asking for locks My baby Ally, she's tired of fighting with me about combing her hair and I'm sick of fighting with her and her hair, she originally asked me for a perm and of course I said NO!! she's only 6, don't get me wrong when she get's older like high school and can maintain her hair on her own...then she can go for it with my blessing but I would much rather she learn to deal with her hair in it's natural state, and of course she asked me about wearing a press N curl which I have done but I don't want to do that on the regular not with her swimming and everything else so of course she and I have been going back and forth about her hair for some months and she LOVES playing in mines all the time, so finally she says to me she wants her hair locked of course I was supper excited but I had to make sure she understands that this is not temporary so I made her wait 6 months and during that time she asked all sorts of questions like "what am I going to do with my hair when I have a dance performance" will I be able to swim etc...well we finally birthed her babies New years eve!!! what a way to bring the new years in, since she's had them she has shaked, and shaked and shaked and shaked some more, not to mention her mirror time has increased by 10 fold!!! and she's only 6 Ms. Linda in Atlanta did an AWESOME JOB!!! she did them over 3 days, she took her time with plenty of breaks in between I couldn't have asked for a better job, kinda makes me wanna re-start mines LOL!!! hers are soooooo neat, and cute!!! well as we all know, NO 2 sets of sisterlocs look alike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Where are the pics of both you and your daughters amazing locks?? LOL!!

I'm so excited for your daughter..I know she's loving them.