Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My hair, My Hair, My Hair a never ending story "of course not" afterall isn't that the meaning of a "Journey" well I have not blogged Since December (I think) I'm mostly a freestyle kinda girl, though I love the look of curls, twist outs, braid outs etc.. and sometimes I actually play in my hair and give it a new look even if it's only for a day, but I must admit when I have the cute curls going on it makes me really, really hesistant about working out LOL!! especially My Monday evening classes. but I get over it really fast when I have about 20 people waiting on me to make them sweat so the curls gotta go, but I'm going to get better at the styling thingy. I'm even considering doing the DIY action, my wonderful loctician had a very bad accident in which she broke her wrist and had to have surgery so she's going to be down a while, thou she has recommened a young lady to do my retightenings but it's just that she was sooooo flexible with my "crazy" schedule, so I'm now recanting the " I would NEVER DIY" it's now looking like a very good solution, right now I have about 1.3 inches of new growth I'm sooo in need of some work hopefully this weekend I will get it taken care of. I think my 5 year old daughter has finally bitten the loc bug, I've been trying to coax her into getting locs for sometime and she HATES getting her hair comb so as of lately she's been telling me mom I want locs but I gotta be sure that a huge investment for her to only want to take them down which is NOT an option, My 7 year old son is now growing a fro because he want's coils/twist I would love to loc his hair but I tell ya this Fro business is "rocking" my last good nerve most days because he hates to comb it out and whines when I do so I'm eager to start locking his, but we have about another month or so he has barely an inch on his TWA so it won't be long before I will have a cute lil family full of LOCS except the hubby he's bald LOL!! moving on, I had the great pleasure of meeting some wonderful people at the "Atlanta" meetup with Dr. Cornwell, Amba the host did a beautiful job of bringing it together, talk about a great time! It was really great being among sisters who didn't mind you touching and asking questions etc... and everyone was soooo open and down to earth I felt like I was in Loc heaven, Dr. Cornwell was very, very personable and open I was truly wonderful meeting her, Calla the master stylist that was on display did her thing to the fullest I've always admired her locs long before I knew who she was, my only regret was not bringing my daughter so that she could see all the greatness because she has this image of long flowing straight hair that just ain't gone happen, so I will bring her into the fold on the next event if only she could have seen the long beautiful natrual flowing hair she would be SOLD! for sure. till next blog happy lurking :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a freestyler as well...and there's nothing wrong with that. I couldn't imagine styling my hair in the morning and sweating it out at night but you go on with your bad self!!! Can't wait to hear 3/4ths of your family is locked!

Glad to hear you had a great time at the Sisterlock Gathering..

Lakia said...

I want my daughter hair to be locked as well. But DH is not going for it. I want it locked starting this summer. I want to get her braidlocks and retight in the sisterlocks pattern. Strangely enough DH wouldn't mind the boys hair being locked. Talk about double standards.

SeZ said...

I'm a complete free styler, I don't care if I ever curl my hair LOL.