Wednesday, December 5, 2007

it's a GREAT day

well it's been a couple of weeks sinced I Blogged so here I go....the last time I blogged I was very fustrated with slippage, but it's getting better my loctician recommeded that I come every 3-4 weeks so she can monitor me a little closer, good thing I like her like that :) nah she's my girl and going to see her is like going to see a therapist and I consider my time with her as "my time" uninterupted time, grown folk conversation time, and time away from being a mother so it works not to mention I LOVE the feel of someone else fingers in my hair. It seems as if my hair is changing daily I love the feel of it thru my fingers I guess I have caught the "disease" I notice my ends are starting to change and with the diffrent changes it gets cuter and cuter (is that a word?) LOL...but I hate that I even wasted time with bigger locs before but with all things it's a JOURNEY! I now have complete strangers walk up to me and ask me all kinds of stuff like... what is that in your hair? is that your hair? are those braids? and for the inteligent ones...how long have you had your sister locs? and what was your experience? and you know for me I could talk about hair all day!!! I went to a wedding last weekend where the Bride and 2 of the Bridesmaids had sisterlocs and talk about some CUTE styles, the brides was absolutely adorable! too bad I didn't take any pictures :( oh well I see them all the time anyway :) moving on...I've been trying to convince my 5 year old to let me LOC her hair and she's STUCK on NO, part of me wants to pull the "parent trunk card" and say you don't have an option...but she's stuck on having long straight hair that flows like caucasions that will NEVER happen, I've been trying to get some of her classmates to pursuade her, my kids attend an "african centered education" school therefore majority of the parents and kids wear locs and I'm hoping some of that would rub off on her, so far no luck... oh well moving on I would include some pics but I took my digital camera home and generally I blog and take pics at work because that's when I have the time to update my blog sad I know, but once I leave work I'm running to teach spin or aerobics and from there I go home help the kids with homework, finish dinner, wash laundry and whateva else needs to be done then it's bed time, and the weekend is just as busy so, why not do it at work? ok I'm off my soap box today...Moving on...LOVE, PEACE and NO HAIRGREASE!!!!!

5 comments:

ja stu sisterlock journey said...

The joys of motherhood my dear,busy busy, at least you can blog from work, enjoy the time with your children my dear before u know it they are grown and on their own( talking from experience here).I am enjoying my natural hair,am sure u r too.

Compliments of the season.

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear your frustration with slippage has been alleviated by visiting your Consultant more often. I know what you mean about "my time", I just love my Consultant and our conversations and getting my hair retightened at the same time is an added bonus. Nothing like the feel of someone else doing your hair.

By the time my Sisterlocks were installed I was armed with so much knowledge I would always have this huge speech for all who would ask about my hair. Now I just they're Sisterlocks...

You are one busy woman!! How do you do it?

Amba said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Welcome to the Sisterlocks family and glad your locks are settling. Lala (the five yr old) would be happy to talk to your daughter anytime. God bless.

Amba said...

Taz have you ever been tagged?

Taz said...

nah haven't been tagged yet LOL!